2020-04-01

New terrain

I've been keen to try out Rangers of Shadow Deep, and there's been a few pieces of scatter terrain I miss. 

Here is three rocky outcroppings and a fir tree. The rocks are made from XPS (pink builder's foam), spackle and normal basing materials. 
 The fir is a test piece. The good thing is that it's made from scraps, cut up foam from pick'n'pluck cases and a chopstick. It's been sprayed, painted and then covered with some old green sawdust (what people used before they invented static grass). 
The not so good thing is that you still clearly see how I cut it, so any future ones I'll have to be more careful how I shape it. Here's a WIP. 😁

 I also made a tent. This too is made from XPS, a chopstick and part of an old t-shirt.



1 comment:

Codsticker said...

Nice stone out crops mrtn. Perhaps tearing the branches of the foam tree to give it a more irregular appearance would help make it look a little more natural.

Across the Wastes

  I've failed the last scenario (The Hole) in the Across the Wastes mission for Rangers of Shadow Deep a number of times, and the fourt...