2024-03-19

Across the Wastes

 

I've failed the last scenario (The Hole) in the Across the Wastes mission for Rangers of Shadow Deep a number of times, and the fourth time Joseph A McCullough (the author of the game) commented this:

Hmmm.... okay, suggestion. You've created quite a commotion with your attacks on the hole, which has caught the attention of some of the nomads who live in the Waste. Three of them approach you in the night and offer to help your fight against the Shadow Deep. If you've got a Gathering of Heroes, one of these will be a Firesword. If not, it's a tracker instead. One of the others is a swordsman and the last is an archer.

Since I'm silly I didn't just proxy those models, I built them, and here they are:



The statues in one of the pictures are chess pieces I cast from a Prince August mould I found cheep.

I haven't updated the blog in a while, here are some pieces that's been finished for a time. Here's some desert rocks. I also converted these skeleton archers with Prince August ghoul and skeleton bodies, since I had the old Wargames Factory arms, but dislike the flimsy bodies (mainly the legs). Oh, and a pile of corpses (yes, two is a pile!).





The pile is also made from the PA ghouls, a very flexible mould, I've used it for all sorts of projects. As soon as I need some dead/undead/diseased/tattered bodies I take a look at these. 

Here are some gaming pictures from Across the Wastes, now I just hope that those nomads can help me finally descend the hole into the Shadow Deep!








 

1 comment:

joe5mc said...

I am rooting for you!

Across the Wastes

  I've failed the last scenario (The Hole) in the Across the Wastes mission for Rangers of Shadow Deep a number of times, and the fourt...